Thursday, April 26, 2007

4-26-07

04-26-07


For this outfit, I started with the Belted Circus in Drab from Fashionably Dead. I certainly do not think this color is drab. I love the muted stripes and the ribbon belt (Just to let you know, the belt is part of the shirt; it isn’t a separate piece.) The skirt is the Skirt in Sand from the Flamenco Outfit in Crème. This is such a pretty skirt. It has an antique feel to it, and I love the little bit of lace at the hem. The skirt does have the continuation of the blouse from the Flamenco Outfit at the top of the skirt, so I put on the Tintable Demi Cami from PixelDolls and tinted it to match. This way it looks like I’m wearing an ecru colored cami underneath.


 


My shoes are the Ava Signature Shoes from Paper Couture. I love these shoes. They look like one of those fabulous vintage pieces that are so hard to find. I’m wearing the Cassandra Necklace in Multi/Gold from EARTHTONES Boutique. This is such a gorgeous piece. It is just amazing to me. I have the color of the crystals set to brown and silver.


My hair is the Chalisa II in Smoke from ETD. I love this look because of the side-swept bangs and the flippy pony. My skin is the beloved Vogue Skin in Cashmere (Spring – Fresh) from Celestial Studios.


 


I guess I’ll pipe in about my skin choices, too. I do wear the Celestial Studios Skins pretty much all the time. Before I even started SL, I saw Hethr’s avie wearing Celestial Studios skins and was amazed at the makeup. So, of course, when I started I had to have those skins. The makeup on these skins is very similar to how I have done my makeup in RL. I am a Sephora junkie (is there a Sephora Addicts Anonymous?), and these skins just pull at my Sephora heart strings (yes, Sephora has a very special place in my heart, lol). Since then, I have become accustomed to seeing my avie wear these skins. I don’t buy skins very often due to the price, so I do get my wear out of them. I have tried other skins, and it does take some time for me to adjust to them and to tweak my avie a bit to make my avie look the same with a different skin. It does take me a long time to make major changes to my avie (I do consider changing my skin a major change in my avie). If you look at my previous posts, I did wear pretty much the same hair constantly (the Pullback II in Smoky from ETD), and if I did change it to something different, I changed it back pretty quickly. But slowly, I started changing my hair more often, and I have gotten used to the idea. That’s me, I’m sort of a creature of habit. I’m working on it though, so maybe someday soon you’ll see me wearing a different skin for a change.


 


The brush used in the main border is from Border Brushes Set which can be found at scully7491.deviantart.com. The brush used in the border for the detail pictures is from the Box Brushes Set which can be found at luosxterces.deviantart.com (Please read the Terms of Use before downloading brushes).


 


What I’m Wearing:


Belted Circus in Drab from the Belted Circus Set by Toast Bard of Fashionably Dead in Tableau (47, 231, 13)


 


Skirt in Sand from the Flamenco Outfit in Creme by Relika Itamae of Relika in Eventide South (118, 168, 27)


 


Tintable Demi Cami (Undershirt Layer) from the Tintable Demi Cami Set by Nephilaine Protagonist of PixelDolls – This item is no longer available.


 


Ava Signature Shoes by Mare Lu of Paper Couture in Tableau (173, 114, 25)


 


Cassandra Necklace in Multi/Gold from the Cassandra Necklace & Earrings Set in Multi/Gold by Lucas Lameth of EARTHTONES Boutique in Dos Corazones (21, 183, 28)


 


Chalisa II in Smoke by Elikapeka Tiramisu of ETD: Elikapeka Tiramisu Designs in ETD Isle (184, 218, 27)


 


Vogue Skin in Cashmere (Spring – Fresh) and Lashes – Vogue – Size 2 by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (72, 201, 25)


 


Mirror Blue/Brown Eyes by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (84, 197, 26)


 


Innocent (Deux) Shape by Hethr Engel of Body and Sole in THINC (220, 193, 27) **Please note that this item has been heavily modified from the original. This shape was the starting point of my current shape.


 


Perfect Image Glow from the Perfect Image – Girly Kit by Aradia Dielli in Lucian Overload in Dandelion Island (116, 41, 25)


 


Poses (from left to right):


Kru ~ Mode 8 by Kru Flan of Kru’s Boutique in Usagi Kingdom – Missauke (194, 238, 90)


 


Wall 8 and Movement 1 Poses by Luth Brodie of Reel Movement by Luth in Lalique Square (87, 210, 22)

11 comments:

  1. I like that belt alot, is it part of the skirt pants? I might need to get it for under skirts. Does it come in pink???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green ribbon belt? It's part of the shirt. There's no pink, lol pinky monster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, Jenn. It's really beautifully put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much the same way with my skins, I stick to lovey skins. I buy other skins sometimes, I guess to see what I'd look like with a different skin, and everyone needs a little change sometimes. But I love loveys' skins so much and I adore her to pieces that I always go back to my obsession withing 10 minutes of wearing the new ones lol.

    I'm loyal to my friend and loyal to my skins. I'm use to seeing my self with them and god I have so many pictures out there that I'd hate to look any different.

    I'm ok with changing my hair though, but I've found a hair that I haven't taken off for two weeks now haha. The Jada curl from analog dog. You should get it, I bet it'd look nice on you. You have that very innocent look to you.

    Anyway, you look wonderful and I have rambled enough *hugs* thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julliette WesterburgApril 27, 2007 at 2:36 AM

    That necklace is soooo beautiful! You are so like my style guru. Everything you put together is flawless. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eerps. SHIRT* not SHIT* (That sounds so ghetto XD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hemmm geeee!! This has got to be one of my fav outfits you ever put together n_n" (But then again I think I say that about almost all of them haha, you're the qween!!) That little brat Toast did not post in forum but she has LOTS of new stuff, I have that shit too, yes it's anything but drab, I adore high worn belt waaah XD Those are some of my fav pumps too, and the necklace is just so fabulous, as anything Lucas touches!!!! On the skins thing, I must admit even tho this one looks awesome on you, I'd love to see you with others tho, but just because I am curious beacause you are beautiful as you are right now! :P And I am not any better, before I reshaped elka, ALL I wore was FD skins :/ Now my unconditional favs are Lovey's, Gala's and Toast's and lately, the new neko skins Hely hosts in her sim (shame on me for not remembering the store name O.o;)!!!!!
    Oh wow, I blab too much *unplugs the intravenous cofffee*...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gillian: Thank you, thank you! :)

    Aradia: Lovey has gorgeous skins. That is one I am trying to transition to. Thanks, I'll have to check out that hair cause I love curly hair. Thank you & *hugs* to you, too! :)

    Julliette: Aww, thank you's! :)

    elka: Aww, thank you! :) Lol, I thought the FD stuff was stuff I missed before. Omg, Gala has some amazing makeup on her skins as does Toast. I love how glowy the FD skins are....I actually have a few of those. Lol, well at least you didn't say "fo sheezy" or something like that.

    Yeah, lots of smileys all around...

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. She isnt as sweet and Innocent as she looks :P

    ReplyDelete