Tuesday, April 10, 2007

4-11-07

04-10-07


I never said I wasn’t a slacker (hee hee). In my defense, two days of an extremely frustrating lack of an internet connection doesn’t help. So much shopping to catch up on….This outfit started with the Wanna Flow Top from tres blah. This is a gorgeous top – I love how flowy it looks. I just want to pet it. I’ve been trying to find a jacket and babydoll top combo that I love, and I think I found it. The jacket is from the Swan Song Outfit from silentsparrow. I love all the items in the outfit, but the jacket is probably my favorite. I love the little swans on the back and the cut of the jacket. I’m wearing the recently released Ingenue Jeans in Dark from LF Fashions. I’m so happy there are more prim leg attachments on pants now. I love the pockets on these jeans.


 


My shoes are an absolutely amazing freebie from Lassitude & Ennui. They are the Signature Sandals in Black & Gold. There are also brown and white ones available, and in each set, there are gold and silver hardware options. There are some truly amazing freebies out there. My bracelet, the Love Conquers All Bracelet in Gold & Moonstones, is also from Lassitude & Ennui. The bracelet has the words “amor vincit omnia”, Latin for “love conquers all”. I love that the bracelet is simple, yet beautifully constructed.


 


My hair is the Med Wavy hair in Cinder from AVEDA Institutes. I’m so happy that AVEDA is in SL and that Elika did hair for them. I love their products particularly their rosemary mint shampoo and toning mist. Cinder is like Smoke, so I’m super happy. I love how natural this hair feels (although MY hair would never naturally do this without a team of professionals following me all day long). It has a very soft look to it. I just adore it. My skin is the Vogue Skin in Cashmere (Spring – Fresh) from Celestial Studios. I love all of the new spring skins and am so happy to hear that there will be more seasonal skins in the future. I usually don’t go red very often, but the makeup is amazing. It is a very fresh look and I love it. Starley said the inspiration for the lips was Vincent Longo’s Cherry Lipstain. She brought it perfectly to SL. All the spring skins have blush, too! I can’t articulate how much I love this skin. I was a little lazy to fit the eyelashes to my avie, so I’m wearing the ones from my Deviant Nation – Vogue Skins (although I do love ‘em, too).


 


My avie might look particularly glowy (well, Vogue skins do have the glowy goodness) thanks to the Perfect Image Glow by Aradia Dielli. I saw this in pictures on Ana Lutetia’s blog and thought it was awesome for taking pictures. I found this at a store called Lucian Overload, but I don’t think she has a main store yet. From reading the notecard that came with it, she also has them available at Lovey’s Boutique locations.


 


The brushes used in the border for the main picture and in the background are from Lace Brushes Set which can be found at redheadstock.deviantart.com. The brushes used in the borders of the detail pictures are from the Border Line Brushes Set which can be found at chokingonstatic.deviantart.com (Please read the Terms of Use before downloading brushes).


 


What I’m Wearing:


Wanna Flow Top by Julliette Westerburg of tres blah in Amicita (160, 178, 28)


 


Swan Song Jacket from the Swan Song Outfit by hyasynth Tiramisu of silentsparrow in silent sparrow (50, 182, 45)


 


Ingenue Jeans in Dark by Launa Fauna of LF Fashions in Freelon (132, 92, 31)


 


Signature Sandals in Black & Gold from the Signature Sandals Set in Black by Jackal Ennui of Lassitude & Ennui in Nouveau (54, 72, 30) – FREEBIE!!!


 


Love Conquers All Bracelet in Gold & Moonstones by Jackal Ennui of Lassitude & Ennui in Nouveau (43, 71, 35)


 


Med Wavy Hair in Cinder by Elikapeka Tiramisu of ETD for AVEDA Institutes in Sunset Commerce (77, 213, 25)


 


Vogue Skin in Cashmere (Spring – Fresh) by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (72, 201, 25)


 


Lashes – Deviant – Size 2 from the Deviant Nation line of Vogue Skins by Starley Thereian of Last Call by Dazzle Haute Couture in Dazzle (98, 109, 22)


 


Mirror Blue/Brown Eyes by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (84, 197, 26)


 


Innocent (Deux) Shape by Hethr Engel of Body and Sole in THINC (220, 193, 27) **Please note that this item has been heavily modified from the original. This shape was the starting point of my current shape.


 


Perfect Image Glow from the Perfect Image – Girly Kit by Aradia Dielli in Lucian Overload in Dandelion Island (116, 41, 25)


 


Poses (from left to right):


Sex Sells 7, Vintage 3, Innocence 8 Poses by Luth Brodie of Reel Movement by Luth in Lalique Square (87, 210, 22)

8 comments:

  1. The glow is great! :)

    Aradia Dielli will be having her main store really soon... :)

    (do I need to say that you look lovely?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look BEAUTIFUL! Jen. I simply love what the glow has done for you, I looked at some of your previous shots and you still look beautiful, but this one looks like you're just happy and glowy. But the new skin does help as well, the new spring line is very pretty. Thanks for posting, time to go shopping *kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutly love how you put outfits together! Keep it up your fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I've been wearing my "fireflies" from DE Designs for the past six months or so. (I think it's called a Personal Lighting System, or something like that, but I've always called them my fireflies :).

    They make a huge difference in your look. In the case of the ones from DE, there are multiple tiny prims to cast light from many different directions (backlighting, sidelighting, chest, butt, etc.). The only problem here is the attachment point is the spine (which is the only stable attachment point on your av), so for example I can't wear my favorite CS necklaces at the same time.

    Of course, to correct this (I couldn't mod the necklave without screwing it up), I made my own fireflies now, but they do move with my face, which actually looks a bit more natural I think.

    Anyway, this is a tiny SL beauty secret (kind of like Lynnix's prim lashes were before Starley made them widely available) that makes a huge difference...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana: It's great! Thank you for showing it on your blog otherwise I may have not gotten it until much later. :)

    Aradia: Thank you! :) I love it!

    Rosie: Thank you! :)

    Aenea: The name "fireflies" is so cute! It's amazing to me what a little prim can do. I wish I would have found out about it before. I wish there were more attachment points or multiple layers on attachment points so we all can wear everything we love. It's a fabulous beauty secret everyone must know about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn:

    You actually don't need multiple attachment points (business mind argues with helpful mind here... business mind loses, as usual :) ).

    You can set up multiple prims at different points around your av, each with their own lighting characteristics, and then link them together and attach them to only one attachment point. This takes a while to ensure that it is correctly aligned, but mine worked out great that way. In essence it works the same way an 80-prim piece of hair does -- one attachment point, and tons o' prims.

    Look me up in-world and I'll give you a copy of my fireflies to try out. :)

    And thanks for the compliment on the name :) When you look at your transparent prims (ctrl + alt + T), it looks like little fireflies floating around your av... :)

    Aenea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I was meaning being able to attach say a necklace and a belt to the spine....like having multiple layers on the attachment points so that way I don't have to choose between one or the other or having to attach elsewhere. Thank you for the offer! Your invention sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must thank you for the Glow mention! It is fantastic and will never come off my av. Never.


    Never.

    ReplyDelete