Friday, April 20, 2007

4-21-2007

4-21-2007: Vi


Hello All! I’m not sure how to begin, as this is my first post. My hope is that you will not find me to weird…just a normal amount of whacked. If you think I’m down right insane, welp that’s coo’ yo’! I want to start off by thanking Hethr for allowing me to share my wacky fashion views with all of you. I told her not to be horrified if one day I decide to blog a dragon. Of course she assured me that as long as the dragon had clothes on, it was fine. So my mission here is to find dragon clothing…Any suggestions would be much appreciated. *raspberries* Ok, not really, I am however obsessed with the fashion coming out of Japan. I’ve spent the past two years obsessing over it in RL. I’m even more excited to see it finally creeping its way into SL.  The EGL scene is growing at a rapid rate with the opening of my favorite boutique being a center point for all things goth-loli, and I’m constantly finding tidbits of items that can easily be turned into a wonderfully put together FRUiTS inspired outfit.


 


I began my first outfit with an idea that stems from the lunacy that was a major part of my adolescence. Widely known in the fashion world as “Grunge”, torn jeans became a staple in my wardrobe growing up. After collecting tons of dresses in SL, I realized I had like 2 pants. I just couldn’t have this. I dragged Hethr with me to go hunting for the perfect ripped pair of jeans (she of course knows of all the good places). I snatched up this pair from Canimal. I fell for them because they have lots of huge opened holes, and are not over holified in the buttox area. Plus, they remind me of a pair I borrowed from a friend when I was 14, and my mom threw them away claiming she was doing us both a favor. Anyhoo, I was specifically searching for huge holes so that I could slap on some fishnets underneath. I chose my favorite pair of hot pink fishnets from Wrong.


 


This top, I am madly in love with, and have worn on three different occasions with three different skirts aside from the actual skirt that goes with it. It comes from Bare Rose. I just love all the craziness going on with this top. The hot pink tie, the safty pins, the arm warmers. Much love…much love. I have been dying to wear this hair from Celestial Studios with something, it’s the perfect shade of hot pink, and shiny-ness (is that even a word?). It’s totally the same color of manic panic hot pink I had a few months back.


 


For accessories I grabbed these cute heart earrings with bows from Miam Miam, the cute little Psycho Bunneh ring from Canimal, because bunnehs just friggin’ rule! I also have on the pyramid stud belt from Artilleri, a major must have for any punk-a-be’s wardrobe. And my all time favorite shoes, Flare Oxfords in Soft Pink by Shiny Things.



What I’m wearing:


Bratty (in DarkBlue/Black) Ripped Jeans and Psycho Bunneh Ring : Canimal (198, 68, 26)


Pink Fishnets : WRONG, Tipsico (94, 162, 301)


Tartan Tarton Pink Top : ::: BareRose ::: HQ, Bare Rose (145, 10, 30)


Hair – Annie May III : Celestial Studios, Celestial City (37, 220, 25)


Heart/Bow Earrings in Sterling Silver : *Miam Miam* , Sterling Pointe (98, 152, 23)


Pyramid Stud Belt: /artilleri/ mainstore in axel!, Axel (200, 190, 702)


Flare Oxfords in Soft Pink: Shiny Things, Shiny Falls (170, 180, 37)


Poses


Rawr 6 and Classy 1 Lalique Square - Reel Movement b, Lalique (105, 206, 22)


Background Brushes by 1lovesdevine @ DeviantART


11 comments:

  1. Yay, Vi! You look awesome! Omg....manic panic....I loved their red and their purple. I'm having flashbacks, lol. ( I used to dye my hair like crazy) Ooh, is fudge still around? I remember they had a really good green that I never got around to trying.....but, anyways....I'm so happy you're posting! And yes, bunnies do rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. punk AND pink, yay! welcome, vi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!! Looking forward to check your outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it to work! I'm so happy you decided to join us here. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Great new post! & uhhh plz dont let your mom near my ripped jeans display.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you so much for the welcomes *squee*

    Haha Jenn, I dunno about fudge but I did vampire red, and the purple also!!! And zomg! I wanted to try the green too, but my hair was way to fried already

    Yes, Hethr! I didn't break it!
    *does the Gir dance*

    LOL Canimal, no we're all ok now. Mommie is in heaven now (I hope...). Probably fuming at the fact that I still won't wear dresses. :P~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the fudge lasts longer or is supposed to or something. Yeah, that's why I stopped cause all the bleaching was srewing up my hair. Yay, Vi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woo woo, welcome to the crazy bunch :D love the outfit, very cute in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Lie, you wear Loli dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankies Aradia!

    Jenn> Yay! We were fried hair girlies!

    Oh...well yeah...I do wear loli dresses in SL. I guess that counts for sumfin'
    *shouts to the sky* Look Ma! It's a pink dressie just for chu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fishnets showing through the holes/rips! And I'd also like to add that I really appreciate how you guys also include the poses info, I've been looking for a pose that does the peace sign. ^_^

    ReplyDelete