Friday, May 18, 2007

5-18-07

5-18-07


I think Jenn's hat obsession rubbed off on me. I knew I wanted to start the outift with the Dolores top in Aubergine from Bossa Nova because the color is just so gorgeous and it has puff sleeves. But then when I was in that folder I saw the hat and realized I had never even tried it on!! As soon as I put it on I knew it had to be part of the outfit. It is so freaking adorable! I love the little veil pieces and it fit my head really well without much trying. (I’m pretty bad with prims so this is always a good thing).


Right away I thought of paring this with the Roslin dress from Savvy? I’m a big sucker for little details and I love the shading on the skirt and the zipper the most about this dress.Both Bossa Nova and Savvy? do a great job and making vintage yet modern looking clothing and they are both very good at making outfits that have stand alone pieces as well. Which is of course an outift re mixers dream.


This of course also gave me a perfect excuse to wear my pink fishnet lulu socks from Celestial Studios. You know I can’t resist wearing at least one pink thing a day. My vintage pumps from Shiny Things also seemed like the perfect choice. I know these are one of her “older” styles but they are always a classic.


I just realized all my jewelry is from Earthtones… I swear I’m not addicted. Of course the Aurora Bloom bangles had to come out with their beautiful teal and purple accents. Then I chose the Cluster necklace and earrings because I liked the fact that when I turned them purple they look like a bunch of grapes. Well a pretty bunch of grapes.


I think the short bob from ETD for Aveda has really grown on me and I find myself reaching for it all the time now. It also works perfectly with the hat and doesn’t over power it at all. My makeup is Vogue (Plum-Smoky) and I added the Groupie lashes just to make my eyes stand out a little bit from behind the veil.


I have been getting very good feedback about having an event so keep an eye out in the next couple days with an announcement of a time, place and theme.


What I’m wearing:


Dolores top and hat (Aubergine) from Bossa Nova at Dos Corazones (85, 125, 25)


Roslin top and skirt from Savvy? at Southern Marvel (13, 211, 25)


Vintage Pumps (Black) from Shiny Things at Shiny Falls (198, 178, 37)


Aurora Bloom bangles and Cluster necklace and earrings from Earthtones Boutique at  Shaka 129, 204, 27


Lulu Pink Fishnet socks, Vogue (Plum-Smoky), Mirror Green eyes and Groupie Lashes *Group Exclusive* from Celestial Stuidos at Celestial City 37,220,26


Short Bob (Chiffon) from ETD for Aveda in  ETD Isle (233, 198, 26)



Silver Diamond Lip Ring from Digital Dragon Designs at Digital Dragon 113, 113, 23 

4 comments:

  1. "I swear I’m not addicted. "

    denial is the first symptom of addiction, iunno ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... how bout I was kidnapped and forced to shop there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, I thought your outfit was very classy, I even liked the hat, however mom in a hat......yikes love you bunches sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hat and fishnets

    ReplyDelete