Saturday, December 8, 2007

12/8/07 Guest Submission Solaesta Kilian

Banana Style


I've been on a bit of a yellow kick recently. Although I love the color, I realized that I didn't have too many yellow items in my inventory. Great excuse to go shopping, huh? Nylon Outfitter's chic little Banana jacket fit the bill perfectly. I just love this store, by the way; the hand-painted aesthetic is so delicious. I paired the jacket with this silver dress from Avalon Designs. The dress is skimpy and super sexy—a little sexier than I'm used to! So I was grateful for the coverage that the jacket adds. I'm definitely a jacket and shrug girl.


With a silver dress, naturally I thought of these silver shoes—yes, the much-blogged Vidalia pumps from Armidi. Let me tell you, I'm in love with these shoes. I already have them in two colors, and I'm still lusting for more. I have never seen a pump in SL that made me drool quite so much as these! Anyway, at this point silver accessories were of course de rigeur. I always keep an eye out for freebies, and I got some great ones from Purple Rose. I'm wearing their freebie Flow necklace here, and Redgrave's long silver flexi earrings, which aren't free but are both beautiful and very affordable.


I was in the mood for big, eye-catching hair, but I didn't want a long style that would hide the yellow jacket, so I put on the afro from MAU's & MEJ's. When I first set out to find an afro, it was a little frustrating because I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted, but this one is just gorgeous! I did mod it quite a bit to get the shape I wanted.


At that point I figured a purse would be the perfect finishing touch, to add a bit of ladylike attitude. The white clutch is from Nylon Outfitter's Gold Party Dress outfit, which comes with two purses and earrings to boot. I like how the gold elements on the clutch echo the yellow of the jacket. But the outfit still felt like it was missing something. Tights, perhaps? I recently picked up Paper Couture's freebie Signature Tights from Fashion Avenue, and I was dying to wear them, so I played around tinting the grey ones until I settled on this purplish color. Yellow and purple are great together, don't you think? And the purple is actually rather subtle against my skintone. At the last minute I decide that my eyes should be sea foam green, just to throw some extra interest in there. These are eyes of my own creation, by the way, but no, I don't have a store. Maybe one day.


My skin is the one I always wear, an older creation by Lost Thereian of Naughty Designs. It's no longer available for sale in this exact form, but Naughty's Alina Vintage Singles in the Ebony skintone are basically the same thing. The makeup has a great nude lip and smoky eyes. The shape is my own work. The poses are from Reel Expressions, my favorite animation shop. Background and brushes by me.


 


What I'm Wearing


 


Liquid Metal Dress by Vilem Beaumont of Avalon Designs in Avalon Island (55, 122, 25)


 


Banana Jacket by Nylon Pinkney of Nylon Outfitters in Tableau (148, 41, 22)


 


Signature Tights in Grey (tinted purple) freebie by Ava Lu of Paper Couture, from Fashion Avenue (131, 131, 28)


 


Vidalia Pump in Metallic Silver by Lola Marquez of Armidi Gisaci in Armidi (126, 158, 26)


 


Afro (modded by me) by Sunnivah Jiutai of MAU's & MEJ's in Nabi (165, 235, 109)


 


Long Silver Flexi Earrings by Emilia Redgrave of REDGRAVE in SANDS Shop Art (196, 30, 24)


 


Flow Colorchange Necklace (freebie) by Storm Babeli of Purple Rose in Purple Rose (174, 87, 28)


 


Clutch Bag in White from the Gold Party Dress outfit by Nylon Pinkney of Nylon Outfitters in Tableau (148, 36, 22)


 


Skin - very similar to Alina Vintage Singles Ebony skins by Lost Thereian of Naughty Designs in Naughty (99, 175, 24)


 


Poses - All poses by Luth Brodie of Reel Expression in Lalique (221, 104, 27)


 

2 comments:

  1. I love this look you look so ready for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket... love the hair... love the tights! I have seen these shoes in the blogs a lot too but still dont have any. Time to go SHOPPING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete