Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8-19-08 Guest Submission from Enigma Bombay

**A quick apology to Enigma, she sent this over a couple weeks ago right before the move and I forgot to post it. Sorry!!**


ClosetCrisisPinkOutfitHighTopsfinal copy


I received as a gift a pair of Mason Kingsford's just-released, sculpted, high-heeled wedge sneakers and decided I needed to build an outfit around these superb shoes. They have a color-change script for the shoes and laces, so I had a range of shades from which to choose. I headed to a new-to-me store owned by Katat0nik Pidgeon and found some amazing, scripted skirts for L$1; I think the pink skirt mixed with purple shoes is a bright and cheery color combination/contrast.
 
Next, I chose a colorful jacket from Canimal that has both pink and purple in the print; this jacket comes in a pack of six colors, and they really do remind me of candy, as the name says. I love the grafitti look on clothing, especially in rainbow colors.
 
To offset all the bright colors, I fell back on two of my favorite layering pieces, the Zee tank from artilleri (in white, but I tinted it black) and the Yardstick thigh-high socks in midnight from Pushbutton Industries (*PBI*). The socks have a very subtle stripe in them and come in a pack of
13 colors. I liked the effect of the black with the brights, to give the outfit a bit of an edge.
 
Accessories for this outfit include one of my all-time faves, the white lily bangle from Creamshop; I love the flexi-bits on this whimsical yet feminine bracelet. I also picked out more stark necklaces and earrings from Schadenfreude by Allegory Malaprop so as not to compete with the vivid colors on the skirt and jacket. I love the way these three items all have color change scripts in them, and I went with black (for the leather on the collar) and copper for the metal. These jewelery pieces are ones I turn to again and again since the color changes make them so versatile.
 
Bright clothes call for glittery makeup, in my opinion, so for my skin I chose the Classic Glitter in Silver 2 from Celestial Studios by Starley Thereian. I also threw on the colorful "maggie" tattoo from artilleri, for good measure. My hair is ETD's Survive, which, unfortunately, is no longer available since it was a Relay For Life limited edition style. However, Elikapeka has several other similar styles that would work well with this outfit, I included details about the Mira style which has a scripted, color-change headband.
 
I am constantly remixing outfits and had a great time putting this one together for my first Closet Crisis submission!


What Enigma is Wearing:


Skirt– $1 Plaid Butterfly Skirt(pink) from *katat0nik* on Axis Mundi 108, 106, 23 by Katat0nik Pidgeon


Jacket–Candy Collection (love letter jackets) in pink from Canimal on Canimal 151, 107, 28 by Canimal Zephyr


Shirt– Zee tank top short in white (tinted black) by artilleri on artilleri 61, 100, 26 by Antonia Marat


Socks– Yardstick Thigh-Highs in midnight from *PBI* on Bricolage 163, 39, 30 by Pushbutton Skolnick


Shoes– MK Super Sneaks Platform Wedge (color set 1) in Purple on Cybertopia Pointe 131, 141, 24 by Mason Kingsford


Hair– ETD Survive hair in Blonde (no longer available), however Mira is a good substitute on ETD Isle 102, 187, 37 by Elikapeka Tiramisu


Skin– Celestial Studios Vogue Skin - Classic Glitter (Silver 2) in Cashmere on Celestial City 47, 157, 27 by Starley Thereian


Eyes– Celestial Studios Optics - Light Series - Sage on Celestial City 98, 170, 27 by Starley Thereian


Bracelet– Creamshop Lily Bangle in white on Koenji 186, 105, 44 by SAZAE Yoshikawa


Necklace– Schadenfreude Heortecaeg collar on Lloyd 40, 39, 43 (look on the ceiling!) by Allegory Malaprop


Necklace– Schadenfreude Flewksbriar necklace on Lloyd 41, 30, 43 (look on the ceiling!) by Allegory Malaprop


Earrings– Schadenfreude Razorblade earrings on Lloyd 38, 27, 43 (look on the ceiling!) by Allegory Malaprop


Tattoo– Maggie tattoo by artilleri on artilleri 63, 86, 32 by Antonia Marat

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, thanks for posting my remix submission! I still cannot believe that skirt is a freebie... well, a "dollarbie."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! She has some of the best freebies around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having some issues with the slurls not working for some reason? love the outfit esp those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I think I fixed them, slurls are so frustrating sometimes. That time it was my typing but occastionally you put them in right and they just stop working. That's why I always include the map coords. Thanks for letting me know Larissa!

    ReplyDelete