Thursday, April 10, 2008

4/10/08 Guest Submission Kingston Augustus

CC_Composite_Kingston-Augustus


 I can't keep track of how many times the AMC channel has played The Quick and the Dead (1995) in the past four weeks. Subconsciously, I think it's gotten to me a little. And it's telling in this outfit that I was compelled to put together. Sharon Stone's Ellen "The Lady" meets Catherine Bach's Daisy Duke - tomboy with a dash of flirtation.

Many of the pieces are limited editions or discontinued items, an insight into my tendency to form a visual-emotional connection to many of the items I purchase. I am very deliberate and cautious in my purchases and tent to wear them well past their "prime". Don't be discouraged. Second Life™ is so vast and diverse that there are plenty of substitutes available if you're keen and resourceful.

The catalyst for the ensemble was the boyishly good cowboy shirt from the Last Call Moderno line. The shirt adds a comfortable "borrowed" component - like something you'd likely find at the bottom of your boyfriend's closet and wear without asking him permission. The rest of the clothing items were chosen to compliment the copper-colored plaid. The shirt is available in several other colors, but the earthy brown was chosen as it breathes a natural, organic tone to the ensemble. The tousled and carefree Sea Nymph hairstyle and mildly cosmetic skin keep it natural and breezy.

Last Call, which permanently closed on March 31, was one of my favourite shops and I've mixed in several of LC's clothing elements. To add a bit of contemporary esprit to the cowboy shirt I pulled on Maitreya's slouchy Dune boots and paired it up with another piece of LC apparel: the pleated khaki skirt from the Mackenzie outfit, which comes with a braided brown belt with a striking turquoise gem stone belt buckle. The premise of putting the look together was balancing the browns with the complimentary aqua in addition to fusing rural comfort with urban sophistication.

Perhaps a bit of carefully composed fashion sense mixed with pieces of nostalgia - the antique-looking gold medallion earrings and the plain string necklace beaded with personal items are prime examples of the opposing nature of some of the style elements. On one hand an large, embellished aqua-coloured ring from Divine Folie is worn, and on the other a simple wood band with a gold coin from creamshop. The bangles chosen from turnstyle, my own shop, and LC also offer up a mixture of the brown-aqua/simple-elaborate contrast.

The only thing I may be missing is a piece of straw carefully balanced on the edge of the lip.


What I'm Wearing:

Skin: Hazel - Sienna by Gala Phoenix
GP @ Vaoetere (192, 15, 22)


Hair: Sea Nymph - Abyss by Elikapeka Tiramisu *Limited edition - no longer available*
ETD @ ETD Isle (220, 171, 25)


Earrings: Metal Etched Discs by Cami Paperdoll *No longer available*
HC @ Naedam (130, 88, 56)

Necklace: High Tide Necklace (Avant Scofield
The Good Life @ Good Life (113, 86, 27)


Shirt: Giancarlo Cowboy Shirt (from the Giancarlo outfit) by Devyn Carmichael *No longer available*
Last Call Moderno @ Dazzle (130, 10, 27)
Skirt: Pleated Skirt (from the Mackenzie Outfit) by Ginny Talamasca *No longer available*
Last Call @ Dazzle (68, 11, 27)

Shoes: Dune boots - Brown by Onyx Leshelle
Maitreya @ Glam World 2 (207, 165, 26)

Bangles (left wrist): Choco-bloo Bangles (L) by Kingston Augustus
turnstyle @ Imjin (232, 141, 399)


Bangles (right wrist): Wood & Metal Bangles (from Wood, Metal, & Opal Jewellery Set) by Ginny Talamasca *Store Closed* Last Call


Ring (left hand): Wood Coin Ring by SAZAE Yoshikawa
creamshop @ Koenji (188, 124, 44)


Ring (right hand): Acqua - Ring by Sara Deledda
Divine Follie @ Gembong West (84, 252, 29)


Eyelashes: Prim Lashes 2 (from Vogue Skin) by Starley Thereian
Celestial Studios @ Celestial City (68, 270, 27)


Poses (left to right): Sultry 02, Runway 05, Movement 2 by Luth Brodie
Reel Expression @ Lalique (220, 99, 26)

5 comments:

  1. I love this outfit you look so cute! The jewelry is all gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIngston, the ensemble looks so good! Also - I love you in Gala... and I think I need to see you in world more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I think you got that shirt out of MYYYYY BF's closet :(

    jk... very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noes! the shirt isn't available! That makes me all sad :(

    fabulous look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone. And, Kota, I'll see you soon! Close your eyes and click your heels twice and I will appear.

    ReplyDelete