Thursday, June 21, 2007

6-22-07

06-21-07


I started with the insanely detailed top and bottoms from the Maya Outfit from Savvy? The top and bottoms can actually be worn as a very gorgeous bathing suit.  I love the subtle dot print, and the sash is so cute and so detailed. The shading on this is just phenomenal. It really looks like the fabric is soft and gathered. Over it, I’m wearing the bolero jacket from the Saudade Dress from bossa nova. I love the detail of the lace and the peter pan collar with the brooch is just adorable. I have a feeling that I’ll be reaching for this jacket many more times. The shorts are the Tuxedo Shorts from the Janet Oufit from Last Call. I love tuxedo pants and shorts, and these are perfectly made. The shading and wrinkling details are top notch as always.


 


My shoes are the Shelle Pumps in Fawn from Shiny Things. I love the shell toe and the color is perfectly neutral. The mid height heel is also a plus. I’m wearing the Maya Earrings and Bracelet in Turquoise/Silver from EARTHTONES Boutique. These are the first (of hopefully many more) sculpted prim jewelry from EARTHTONES. I love how natural the shapes of the stones are and all the intricate details of the metal.


 


My hair is Chalisa II in Smoke from ETD. I just love an elegant ponytail. I’m sure you probably already noticed, but I’m actually wearing a skin that isn’t from Celestial Studios (Bopadabah ba bada ba ba ba bah! Lol, it’s from Zoolander). Yes, finally. This skin is the Medium Skin in Cactus from Fashionably Dead.  I had a difficult time finding a skin that met all of my personal preferences. I know that everyone has their own preferences, and I have mine. The makeup on these skins is gorgeous and nicely blended.  I especially love how the color of the eyeshadow looks so rich. The lip color is just a perfect peachy color. I think my favorite thing is that this skin has freckles. They’re so cute! My mom has some freckles, but I didn’t inherit them so I always wanted them. My lashes are the Lashes – Classic 9 from Celestial Studios. I finally broke down and bought more lashes. I procrastinated because I didn’t feel like fitting them, but I finally got around to it. I’m really glad I did because these are gorgeous. It’s amazing what lashes can do.


 


The brushes used in the background are from the Grungy Floral Pattern Brushes Set which can be found at dying-soul.deviantart.com and the Floral Vector 2 Brushes Set which can be found at madsatsuki.deviantart.com. The brushes used in the borders for the detail pics are from the Tizzape 2 Brushes Set which can be found at keepwaiting.deviantart.com. Please read the Terms of Use before downloading brushes.


 


What I’m Wearing:


Top & Bottoms from the Maya Outfit by Dakota Buck of Savvy? in The Promenade – Froth (109, 233, 23)


 


Bolero jacket from the Saudade Dress by Moire Georgette of bossa nova in Dos Corazones (71, 119, 25)


 


Tuxedo Shorts from the Janet Outfit by Ginny Talamasca of Last Call by Dazzle Haute Couture in Dazzle (106, 163, 32)


 


Shelle Pumps in Fawn by Fallingwater Cellardoor of Shiny Things in Shiny Falls (211, 192, 43)


 


Maya Earrings in Turquoise/Silver from the Maya Necklace & Earrings Set in Turquoise by Lucas Lameth of EARTHTONES Boutique in Bushido Bay (42, 195, 25)


 


Maya Bracelet in Turquoise/Silver from the Maya Bracelet Set in Turquoise by Lucas Lameth of EARTHTONES Boutique in Bushido Bay (42, 195, 25)


 


Chalisa II Hair in Smoke by Elikapeka Tiramisu of ETD: Elikapeka Tiramisu Designs in ETD Isle (182, 219, 33)


 


(FD) Medium Skin in Cactus by Toast Bard of Fashionably Dead in Tableau (52, 228, 9)


 


(CS) Lashes – Classic 9 by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (100, 199, 26)


 


Mirror Blue/Brown Eyes by Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios in Celestial City (84, 197, 26)


 


Innocent (Deux) Shape by Hethr Engel of Body and Sole in THINC (220, 193, 27) **Please note that this item has been heavily modified from the original. This shape was the starting point of my current shape.


 


Perfect Image Glow from the Perfect Image – Girly Kit by Aradia Dielli in Lucian Overload in Dandelion Island (116, 41, 25)


 


Poses (from left to right)


Funky 9, Vintage 4 and Sex Sells 1 Poses by Luth Brodie of Reel Movement by Luth in Lalique Square (87, 210, 22)

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love love love the combination of the Maya outfit with the bolera jacket. Brilliant! You gals are teaching me SO much about how to put outfits together!!

    Jayde xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, I meant "bolero". *Pokes self in brain* Also that skin is fantastic, and I agree with you -- fitting lashes is a huge pain but they do SO much for your eyes! You look fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skin is lovely on you and I'm sooo sooo sooo, glad you're trying different skins. This one is a great choice for you. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayde: Thank you, thank you! :) Yes! Lashes in sl are the equivalent to mascara in rl.

    Dakota: Aww, thanks! :) Fabulous job on your recent releases. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How odd! I tried finding a Fashionably Dead store today but the one in Tableau didn't have anything for sale in it and I could never find the one that was supposed to be in Midnight City. :-( I sooooo want to try that skin! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked and everything is still for sale. Did you go through the last freezer/fridge and down the stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh okay, I'll have to try again. I didn't see a downstairs the first time. Thank you so much for replying!! :-D

    Jayde xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH --- MY --- GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!! Yes yes yes YES you finally did it! And WHAT a SUCCESS! You are absolutely stunning in this skin. Besides Lovey's those are all I wear. They are so detailed it makes me wanna bang my head on the screen. I can't believe I missed that post XD Wah! Anyhoo, awesome kit as usual, and keep on surprising us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayde: You're welcome! :)

    elka: :D Yay, I'm glad you liked it! I do love the FD skins particularly the older Risky ones. The glowy tanness on that skin is insanely good stuff. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE JACKET IS SOOO CUTE WOW

    ReplyDelete