OK… What happened to spring? Here in Alaska it’s still snowing and cold. I want to see some green leaves and little birdies flitting around and seedling flats and to take the dog for a walk without having to bundle up! Since I can’t have spring irl I decided to think spring in SL.
My outfit started with the Comfy boots from Shiny Things. I love these boots and don’t wear them as often as I should. The acid green color has me thinking of new leaves and grass *sigh*. Next came the olive green Jordan shorts from Elephant Outfitters. This was a new purchase and I think I will be wearing them a lot. Prim cuffs and lots of detail are making these shorts a favorite.
Looking through my tops folder I saw a recent purchase I had made from a store called anuenue. I had never heard of this store until participating in the grid wide Bunny hop hunt. When I tped there to find the egg I had to stop and shop. Everything in that store is CUTE! The tiny pink and green flowers on the Ladybird top were a match. This top looks like it’s layered over a plain white turtleneck and has a prim collar as well as prim sleeve attachments. I am definitely going back to this store!
Now that I had my basic outfit I needed layers and some accessories. Not really wanting socks or tights the only layer option left was a jacket. I wanted to keep with the springtime nice weather look and not wear a jacket, so started looking at vests. I found another inventory item that I really need to wear more often. The nerdy vest from Tres Blah looked great.
Hair wasn’t a hard choice for me. I had just been shopping at 0 Style and bought several new styles. The one I chose to wear is a simple long look with bangs. This was my first purchase from this store and I am very pleased. The hair fit perfectly with no adjustments! The color is a bit brighter then I usually wear, but I really like it.
The skin is another recent purchase. I have been in SL for more then 4 years now and have been searching the entire time for a good freckled skin. Some have come close, but I knew I finally found what I was looking for when I tried on some demos from Curio. The body and face freckles both look good. Lots of makeup options along with light, dark, freckled and unfreckled versions of this skin make it worth every L.
I needed some springtime accessories now. I remembered a bird watching bag I bought from Accessory Arsenal and tried it out. It comes with the bag which is worn over the shoulder. Also included are binoculars, a birders book and a bird watching animation. 2 of the poses in the picture are the bird watchers animation.
The Varied Tit is a prize from the bunny hop hunt. Wear on hand, wear on shoulder and one that you could rez anywhere. Each had 3 sound options, silent, sound on touch and sound at intervals.
What Dorra is wearing:
Arsenal -Birdwatchers bag and binoculars - Koreshan 106/218/30
Birdie – Varied Tit from Eleutheria - Missing Beckett 102/153/601
Skin - :GP: Sundust FREX [Dark] Breeze-Mauve Mist 2 - Curio 169/129/36
Hair - *0 Style *Koyomi*(Auburn)_M -Zero Style 124/136/38
Eyes - pc eyes by LL - bright - spanish moss - Strata 86/165/903
Top - "anuenue.Ladybird Tops-PK - Cassandra 53/96/1001
Vest - !tb - nerdy vest – brown - Horst 115/121/24
Shorts - (Elephant Outfitters) Jordon Shorts Olive - Armidi 95/83/28
Boots - (Shiny Things) Comfy Boots – acid - Shiny Falls 228/155/38
Shape - my own
I think that bird is adorable!
ReplyDelete