Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/4/08 Guest Submission Marissa Goodliffe

Marissa 1 -09


This outfit is centered around this warm, colorful, comfy, jacket. I love it! The color of the peacock like texture, the details, the shoulder prims that complete the shape on the top, and the buckle closure. This jacket comes in many colors with a really cute skirt and top.  With the weather being cool, I wanted to wear some jeans with it and dress it down some.  The back of the jacket is just as interesting as the front, with the royal looking gold-piped trim tails.

Zaara's jeweled jeans have the gold flecks in the pattern that went well with the gold piping on the jacket. There is a chain belt on the jeans that directed me to which color of top to look for.  I tried going for the light teal color first, but nothing looked right, so opted for the red color. I put on the Gisaci sweater with the long collar and it was a perfect match. The lighter color flecks in the  sweater texture  picked up the more reddish orange tones in the jacket.

To keep the partial gold/red theme, I chose the Starley pumps  in gold, the round toe on these shoes keeps them more casual and fun. To cover up the foot I had to find some socks. The cable knit pattern in the socks makes the feet look just as warm as the top, and the red color matched so perfectly with the sweater.

For hair I wanted something that looked  a little messy and windblown, like I had been outside kicking the leaf piles around that took all weekend to rake up. I do have on a pair of gold earrings that the hair hides, and I didn't go with a necklace because the neckline seemed to be busy enough. Admittedly  I am just not a big jewelry lover.


Where to Shop:

Jacket - :)(: Pixelfashion - Katya Jacket Black xstream80 51/210/30

Shoes - ETD Shoes - Starley Pumps (Gold) ETD Isle 181/188/31


Eyelashes & Brow - Minnu Model Skins - Photoshoot Lashes Glam World 183/179/22


Pants - Zaara Jeans {Jeweled} - Indigo Tesla 100/32/55


Shirt - {Gisaci} Au Fraize Boucle Sweater - Red Armidi 139/125/26

Socks - Shiny Things - Knit Knee Socks - Darks - Red Shiny Falls 204/158/38

Skin - Redgrave - 06 Leticia2 Tan Skin REDGRAVE Womens Fashion 244/223/23

Eyes - EarthStones Stoned Eyes - Lapis EarthBound 126/122/26


Hair - Damselfly - Verena - Sand Dollar Blend Damselfly Hair Salon 145/220/25

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize that you had put a sweater under that jacket until I went to buy it at the shop today. I love that! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is beautiful, thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very rich-looking outfit, I love the way the gold trim on the jacket picks up the color of the shoes.

    ReplyDelete